Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Lots of stuff happening -

Kazumi Shiho

So lots of things are happening next three weeks.

I started my installation at SCAD-Atlanta as a featuring alumnus for its Open Studio Night. I will be showing my recent paintings as well as my floor installation. I will be staying here at school for most of the night tonight. -_-;;

SCAD Open Studio Night in Atlanta
Thursday, Nov. 11th, 7 - 9pm


This weekend, I will be participating in BETA Spaces (Bushwick Exhibition Triangle of Alternative Spaces) 2010. Andrea Liu, whom I met at Ox-Bow artist residency, has put four artists from the the residency to do a show. I am thrilled to see some of my favorite, amazing artists from Ox-Bow again and re-visit and re-evaluate my piece I did at the residency. And... I will be in NYC!

Post Ox-Bow: Siteless 
The Naxal Belt in partnership with the Art Institute of Chicago Ox-Bow residency is pleased to reunite Fall 2010 artist residents of Ox-Bow for the Bushwick Exhibition Triangle of Alternative Spaces (BETA) Spaces Festival. The unique container of Ox-Bow allowed these artists an openness to a radical intervention into their thinking about art-making, where practices re-form, recapitulate, breakdown and collide. Revisiting the historical de-monumentalization of sculpture from mimesis and representation to Krauss' "expanded field," these sculptors work in varying configurations of materials, process and time; exploiting, elongating and reconfiguring the instabilities inherent in the art object. Jared Buckhiester, Kazumi Shiho, Gyun Hur, Ting Ying Han
Naxal Belt175 Jefferson St. #1L, Bushwick, NY
Andrea Liu
12-7pm
Performance 6:30PM
Artists Talk 7:00PM
http://artsinbushwick.org/beta2010/showdirectory/post-ox-bow-siteless/


And then my installation for the Hudgens Prize Finalists Exhibition will start next week. (Isn't that a bit crazy...?) I will post more stories and photos as the installation progress at the Hudgens Center. I am very thrilled and honored to be a part of this grouping of artists whom I respect. For more information about the prize and the artists, check out http://thehudgens.org/?page_id=1209. You will see an awkward photo of me and some blurbs about artists. The artists are Hope Hilton, Scott Ingram, Jiha Moon and Ruth Dusseault, and they are super rocking artists.


More updates to come...




- G.

No comments:

Post a Comment