Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

101th Post!


Hello everyone,

This is my 101th post! I started this blog as a part of my NYC residency at the Elizabeth's Foundations for the Arts that SCAD supported. That was about one and half years ago, doing small entires about my experiences in New York, then to my thesis, solo show at Get This! Gallery... and many other happenings.

This past year, my blog had over 3000 pageviews and this past month October had 1223 page views! That's historical in my life, guys!

Thank you so much, readers, for keeping up with my posts. They are not the most eloquent entries, but I have been incredibly encouraged by some of your responses about the blog. My friends told me they enjoy meeting other artists through my blog and learning more about artists and art making. Also it was awesome to have Creative Loafing and BURNAWAY refer my blog! I want to continue to update you on my artistic journey without making it complicated, and hopefully to refine my voice as a blogger.
I now have opened the comments section, so that I can receive more feedbacks and develop more dialogues. So please feel free to leave your comments and let me know if you would like to see more of something... like art happenings in Atlanta, stories about my art friends, more interviews...?!



The Persistance of Memory, Salvador Dali

Well, I just heard from NPR this morning that Dali's melting clock painting "The Persistance of Memory" just joined the High's current Dali exhibition “Salvador DalĂ­: The Late Work.” If you ever took art classes in middle or high school, you would have come acrossed this painting at some point. Everyone, go and see this show. I believe more Atlantans participate and show how enthusastic we are about the arts, the city will recognize and invest more in the arts, bringing more exciting art and cultural happenings in the city. And it's a wonderful show.

Ronald Feldman
Also for people in the Atlanta community, join New York based gallery owner, Ronald Feldman and Stuart Horodner, Artistic Director for the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center as they discuss the state of today's contemporary art market. Ronald Feldman is a legendary art dealer who introduced Joseph Beuy's work in the States and was able to make unsalable art marketable. Well, that's something I (Gyun Hur's installations are not marketable, eh hem. -_+;; ) should be going to - it depends on my installation progress today, but if you are free, Go!

Ronald Feldman: On Dealing
Hill Auditorium at High Museum of Art  at 7 pm.
Admission is FREE.


Ok, thanks everyone again for reading! Tonight, I'll post my Installation day 3 photos.



xoxo,
Gyun

No comments:

Post a Comment