Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Installation day 5 - Final

After finishing the last line -

It is all done as of today - my installation at the Hudgens.

As usual, I expected the installation to be tedious and laborious. For some reason, this installation took me to a roller coaster of emotions, perhaps (to mention about it for first time), due to the pressure of 'competition' and exhibiting with a group of well-established and talented artists. It is my second time my parents being involved in a project with this scale. They shredded flowers for about a month and installed with me for a week. That journey itself has been incredible and I experienced a different layer of emotions with my parents with this project - they've become proficient in the process. I also attempted a wall painting for first time which I was nervous about; it turned out well and in fact, extended my installation into a different dialogue.

All is done, yes.

It was very nice to have met artists during the installation week. There is an interesting energy when arts are getting installed. Here is Hope Hilton's blog about the installation at the Hudgens - http://hopehilton.tumblr.com/post/1625088874/photo-courtesy-gyun-hurs-blog-today-was-day-2
She is a wonderful artist and a person, and my mom and I have been calling her 'so-mang,' Korean word for 'hope.'

I am ready to sleep now. So glad to be done and so thankful for such an opportunity.


- G.

2 comments: