Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

16, 17

Yesterday, I went to the Michigan Lake and swam. Then I got a haircut from Kazumi. Today is another beautiful day here. I'm spending most of my day in my studio painting and listening to Korean pop songs... being saturated by sentimental drama in the lyrics and tunes.


Kazumi Shiho finished her MFA at Stanford in 2009 and she currently lives in Tokyo, Japan. Her works are a combination of installation, sculpture, performance, and video regarding issues of space, perception, time... I am not quite sure how to put her works in one phrase. Just like her personality, her works embody a wide variety of subject matters and space. One thing I find interesting about her work is how she is able to insert objects or concept within an existing space to create a somewhat harmonious yet humorous tension.

Below images are one of her installations called The Kingdom Come. She set up about 4000 chalks on the aisles of empty church that became an artist studio.

To view more of her works, go to http://local-artists.org/users/kazumi-shiho.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment