Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Swamped!

So as soon as I got home in Atlanta, I got swamped with things!

This week, I got a part time job (yes, everyone, I have a job!) and went around for a few art happenings in the city.

Jeff Koon came to Atlanta to speak this week. He spoke at the Atlanta Symphony Hall and it was full!!! I never have seen that many people coming out for an artist lecture. He indeed... proved his superstar popularity here in the city.

Then I saw a beautiful exhibition of Dali's Late Work at the High Museum. Great stuff.

The highlight of this week was when I saw a performance at the Emory Performing Center called The Hysterial Alphabet.

The Hysterical Alphabet is an interdisciplinary, multi-media performance by artist collective Theater Oobleck based on the book written by Terri Kapsalis. I ended up going there out of curiosity and spontaneity, and it was absolutely fantastic. A fascinating interpretation on women and hysteria - the last episode was memorable. A woman kept walking back and forth (video edited) in black and white screen while a performer read about... hysteria, inner psyche of that woman. Reading was witty and beautiful, film images intriguing... one of those art nights that make you want to go to your studio and do more work. After the performance, of course, I talked to the artist/writer Terri Kapsalis how wonderful everything was. Then I walked to my car, alone, sucking and chewing every possible image and sound from that piece as if it were to disappear.

And tonight, I had a dinner at Jiha's. She makes one of the best Kimchi soups and I had two bowls of it!
Moustache, 2003

Go to High Museum to see the show!

Dali

The Hysterical Alphabet

No comments:

Post a Comment