Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Flower Cutting Hasn't Stopped . . .





Last year on December 31st, I posted preparation images of cutting flowers for my show Repose at Get This! Gallery. 
http://gyunhur.blogspot.com/2009/12/happy-new-year-everyone-thank-you.html

Well well,
Flower cutting has not stopped.

After I came home from Virginia, first thing my mother showed me was the basement full of silk flower boxes and a new set of paper cutters. So we started cutting again - with more efficient adjustments, such as having higher chairs, heavier paper cutters, covering noses and mouths from dust... same music is playing with similar gossips and conversations, and I cannot seem to believe how quickly time has passed this year.

It has been an incredible year. Starting with my first solo show with Get This! Gallery, many opportunities and rewards came that encouraged me to continue committing in this thing called 'being an artist.' I am incredibly grateful for generosity that has been given to me and excited for this coming year 2011.

I am going to focus on polishing up my blog (please continue to read my posts, hopefully they will get more interesting and sophisticated with less grammar errors.) and actualizing a few projects next year. I will continue to cut flowers, work at an office part-time, do more yoga, and eat lunches with artists in Atlanta.

Stay tune. More posts before 2010 ends!


- G.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your studio changes! It will easier for you to work. We can't wait for your future postings. A hug Johana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johana! Happy New Year. Thank you - having a basement really helps. It gets a bit dusty, but we have a spacious place. =)

    Say hello to Scott for me as well!

    Gyun

    ReplyDelete