Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow in Atlanta, Snow Crab, More Cutting -

Atlanta got covered with snow and freezing rain past 2-3 days. My first attempt to go out to the world miserably failed after sliding on our driveway. My parents and I did not bother to clean out our driveway when it snowed - have we ever had to do such a thing? No. We all assumed it would melt quickly. I now have to wait until ice melts... -_-;;

Atlanta is definitely not equipped for such weather. Schools have been closed for 3 days so far, and most of employees at where I work also could not make it to office today, that includes myself. Thousands flights got canceled and I'm not sure about young children, but most of us are eager to get back to our normal routines of things. Well, it definitely was a treat to have two full studio days though, as many other Atlanta artists commented on facebook. ^_^

Before this snow storm, we went to Marietta Fish Market last weekend and had delicious snow crab. My parents were always curious about that American restaurant, and never ventured it for themselves. My mom had Mango Margarita for first time and loved it. It is a great pleasure for me to finally treat them with my own money for dinner. They are continually being incredibly supportive in my preparation for the project in March.

Literally stuck at home, my parents and I had the most productive two days of cutting flowers. For the project in March at Lenox (funded by FLUX projects), we are estimating to cut about 700 cups - about 80 - 90 cups for each color. We are now almost done with our fourth color, purple, which took us about 6 weeks . That means we're almost half way done. 6 more weeks until the installation. We are excited yet physically quite challenged.


No comments:

Post a Comment